ENGR337 Lab 2018
Lab 1 Lab equipment and edit your webpage for your lab report. Due Jan 15, Monday 10 pm.
Outcome of this lab:
1. Be familiar with the lab equipment.
2. Can edit your webpage and report your lab results to the website.
function generator has a 50 ohm output impedance internally. The
displayed Vpp on the generator is only half of the signal that outputs.
You need to use a 50 ohm resistor to bridge the Positive and Negative
outputs of the generator to divide the signal back to normal. (If the
generator is running in the '50 ohm' mode).
1. Watch the tutorial here if you don't know how to use the oscilloscope, function generator, multimeter, and the power supply.
2. Watch the tutorial here about how to report your lab results.
Do the following experiments and show the reults in your lab report.
Use an oscilloscope to show the calibration square wave from the
oscilloscope itself. Use an USB drive to save the waveform. Report the
amplitude and frequency you saw on the scope. Make sure the square wave
looks nice and clean.
2. Use a function generator to create a
'100 kHz', '2 Vpp' sine wave and use the oscilloscope to show the
waveform. Save the waveform in your USB drive and report the results.
Use a breadboard to make the following voltage divider. Use the
function generator to generate a 10 kHz, 1 Vpp sine wave, and probe Vin
and Vout in two different channels of the oscilloscope. Save the
waveforms and report them.
Follow the lab report guidelines to avoid losing points.